PoP

Default Motorlift Garage Door Opener

My Motorlift garage door opener seems to blow 40w bulbs frequently. I
thought I'd found the reason - when the door closes the light stays on
for 4.5 minutes, then automatically goes out. About 30 seconds before
the end of this time the light flickers like mad - and a radio that
I've got in the garage (nowhere near the opener) crackles badly.

Wrote to Chamberlain about this and got a reply back which said that
I'm supposed to use a "40w rough service edison screw bulb". First
reaction was "WTF?". Second reaction - where do I get these from.

Anyone else notice that the Motorlift bulb flickers during the final
stage of its on time? I naturally assumed that the electronics may
have been faulty.

PoP