Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] bhieb@alanritchey.com is offline

Default 8' T8 fluorescent fixture

Thanks everyone for you quick input. I think I will go with the ganged
4 footers, I don't like the "rare" concept either. I am not overly
concerned with electrical expense, I mainly wanted to future proof the
install by going with the T8's since IMHO the T12's will probably phase
out over time. I was just looking for the least amount of bulbs since
this is going in a 40X50 shop with 16' celings. It is going to be a
pain to change the bulbs so the 4 footers are twice the number of bulbs
to burn out. But I also don't want to have to get online and special
order some 8' bulb because no one stocks them anymore. 4 footers seem
to be the sure one that will stick around the longest so that is what I
will do.

Thanks Again!