Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] jah213@gmail.com is offline

Default Home Depot and Gas Furnace Installation

I got an estimate from Home Depot, and that was their first mistake.
They sent out a rep from a semi-local HVAC dealer who was Mr. Hard Sell
all the way: "I can only offer this price today. I can't guarantee
the price unless you commit right now. How about I call my manager and
we come up with an absolute rock-bottom deal? What do I have to do to
sell you this system?"

I told him what he had to do was wait until I'd talked to the other
contractors I'd also asked to come by and give me estimates. Glad I
did, as it turned out his rock-bottom deal was the highest of all, more
than twice the next guy's.

Jo Ann

wrote:
a friend priced roofing from HD 12 grand

indenpendent contractor 7 grand

home depot is making a excellen profit

I priced but havent bought a furnace yet. the home depot waqs high cost
for same trane furnace