Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] tconnors23@hotmail.com is offline

Default Oven displaying wrong temp...

Well I don't know much about that stove, but I do have some experience
with transducers (sensors). There's probably nothing wrong with the
transducer itself. The transducer would have to run onto the stoves
circuit board and into an a/d (analog-to-digital) converter and the
resulting hex value would have to be read by a microprocessor. The hex
value is meaningless to the processor by itself so it needs something
to reference it to to give you the resulting temperature (this is all
assuming the stove displays the temperature on a digital display). What
I'm getting at is ........bad calibration/incorrect programming on the
part of the manufacturer. Now don't take my word as gold but you might
want to look into that possibility.