Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George George is offline

Default Turning - Woodworking For Anarchists

"Not for publication" wrote in message

"George" wrote in message
. ..

"Not for publication" wrote in message

There is only one real rule as to the direction in which to work and
that is
RESPECT THE GRAIN OF THE WOOD and work with it not against it.

I love it. "Cut the wood as it wishes to be cut." Beat it to death at
your own risk.

Add support the tool as close as possible.

These two, not to ruffle Darrell with a paraphrase, are the laws,
regardless the prophets.

So now we have LAWS so Anarchy is out as by definition Anarchy has no laws
rules or any other planning! :-))

Those who watched Roy on the national feed this Saturday expounding on the
David Pye book and demonstrating certain basic truths, like turning tools as
self-jigging will recognize that natural law(s) will trump wishful effort
every time.

Think you will admit that the true Anarchist is an idiot who fails to
understand that s/he is not the master of all things, nor can ever be.
After all, they will have to deal with others who will attempt to master
them as well.