Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default A modest proposal

"Leuf" wrote in message
I hereby propose that brass screws be deemed weapons of mass
destruction, and that they all be gathered up and melted down. Anyone
caught attempting to distribute them shall be locked into prison and
held there until they can successfully install an entire 24" piano
hinge into hard maple without breaking any of their product.

And yes, I predilled everything right, and tapped with a steel screw
first. And then I broke the drill bit off in the hole trying to drill
out the screw. Of course.

-Leuf

I have learned to wave a magnet over those yellow screws. If they stick
I'll use them, if they don't, I won't.