Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Friesen Chris Friesen is offline

Default question on electrical service panel upgrade

chuckster wrote:
If you live in New Jersey you would be covered under the Rehab Code,
and it would be OK to keep it at the 6'6" plus 15". The other solution
is to put the main breaker on the bottom of the panel. This is why
panels come with field installable labels.

I'm in Canada. According to the simplified code book, the "highest
breaker" (not the main breaker) must be no higher than 67" from the floor.

The main breaker on the existing panel is at 82".

Guess I find out tomorrow what the inspector wants.

Chris