Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike M Mike M is offline

Default TS_Alignment_Reinventing_the_Wheel?

Mostly I just consider my own errors. Yes I have a TS Jr. and use
it. But unless a tool is obviously out of alignment I figure I'm
responsible for most of the errors. I think when you are using non
production tools, ie no air hold downs, power feeds ect, every step
introduces errors. This puts you back to being a wood worker, you
have to figure the fudge factor, do a little hand planing or scraping,
combined with some sanding. Either you guys are way out of my league
or we are all problem solvers. There are no mistakes, just design
alterations.

Mike M

On 13 Nov 2006 10:37:21 -0800, wrote:

Hi Stoutman,

Did you consider the error introduced by dial indicator tilt? If the
plunger isn't parallel to the table surface then you will be
introducing some error (it will no longer be right triangle trig).
This is why I said earlier in the thread that your jig wasn't able to
measure angles.

Ed Bennett

Stoutman wrote:
I added a feature on my web page that allows you to calculate angle errors
from distance errors.

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/dial_...jig_spread.htm

--
Stoutman