Old Nick

Default Hydraulics questions (a bit long)

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 01:20:19 GMT, "Toolbert"
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

Lovely. Seriously. I have learnt all this after much searching. It is
beautifully put.

Only thing....

Your best bet is the simplest type of open-center system. This has a pump
that pumps a constant volume and in the "idle" condition, with all the

snip
The only disadvantage of using a spool that is rated for a much higher flow
than your application is that it may provide less of a "fine touch" control
than a smaller valve. It should not be a problem for what you describe.

A large flow spool with little feel can be a problem if the unit is to
be used as a "crane" (and if you say it wont' you LIE G), and you
don't have the feel.

Spike....Spike? Hello?