Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default 8' T8 fluorescent fixture

I don't know where you live, but any manufacturer of fluorescent lighting
will make them. These are often small local companies like procto...
describes, in fact just a few miles from where Sparkle light is in Yonkers,
NY is another manufacturer called Apollo lighting in Mt. Vernon, NY, and I'm
sure there are hundreds of others across the country. The only difference
between an eight foot T12 and T8 fixture is the ballast transformer, which
you could install yourself if you were so inclined

wrote in message
oups.com...
Who sells these? I have been racking my brain on this one. I am
looking for an 8' 2 bulb (not 2- 4' 2 bulbs ganged together but one
long 8' 2 bulb) T8 fixtures for my barn. I have called all the local
area Home Depots and Loews as well as several electrical supply
companies and no one seems to have these, plus none seem to think they
even make them. I also called 2 local electricians and both called
their supplier that said the same thing. The odd thing is almost any
Home Depot or Loews I talk to have the bulbs in stock but not the
fixtures.

The really weird thing is I cannot find them online either. The only
place that has them is goodmart.com, but they have a 14 day ship time.
I have not called, but they are probably backordered everything else
ships out in 1 day.

Is it just me why does everyone seem to stock bulbs for a fixture that
no one can buy?

Any help would be appreciated.