Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.brewing
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Freezer life when used as beer cooler

wrote in message
ups.com...

Bob F wrote:
wrote in message
BTW...are you a homebrewer?

Yes. My cooler currently contains two cornys of beer,
3 of apple cider, two of water, and the CO2 tank.

Bob

Bob, I hope my advise is helping you figure out where the
problem lies with your fridge. After building my own from scratch I
feel I can offer some helpfull advice when troubleshooting yours. It's
been suggested that useing one of these external thermostats is
somewhat stressfull to the original unit due to a short cycling of the
unit at warmer temps. Personaly I haven't noticed this on the two that
I have used, the second of which is still in use. Good luck

It is currently working with the newer refrigerator thermostat. I
am planning to make a change when I find a suitable box. I have
a time delay relay I will add to the circuit. I will wire it so that
once the thermostat turns off, it will not try to start again for
1/2-1 hour. That should eliminate the short cycle problem for
good.

Bob