Posted to rec.woodworking
LRod LRod is offline

Default Norm uses a tool without a tail?

On 13 Nov 2006 12:06:31 -0800, "brianlanning"
wrote:

RayV wrote:
I was googling to try and find bits for an old Stanley Yankee driver I
have and came across this article.
http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/know...552611,00.html
The picture doesn't show his face so it can't be MY Norm using a tool
that doesn't plug in.

I've seen him use chisels, planes, and even a dozuki on NYW. I've even
seen him hand-carve things occasionally. It's a rarity though. I've
never seen him use a spoke shave or a card scraper.

There's a whole "neanderthal" section in the Norm's Tools section of
my website.

I'd be willing to wager he's used more Japanese saws than 90% of the
people he ryoba, dozuki, and kugihiki.

Although indeed he hasn't used a spokeshave, he has used a drawknife,
an inshave, a block plane, a bench plane, and a rabetting plane, and
some nice Sorby bench chisels in addition to the carpenter's butt
chisels he's used.

And he has used a card scraper at least once. Also he has used paint
scrapers (albeit for the pedestrian task of cleaning up glue lines)
and shave hooks.

And, he's used a Yankee screwdriver--three times!

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

care to correspond with you anyway.