Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] ejb@ts-aligner.com is offline

Default TS_Alignment_Reinventing_the_Wheel?

Stoutman wrote:

Please ignore my other reply. I got ya now! Just took me a little longer.
I am assuming the plunger is parallel when it most likely is not!

It's roughly parallel (by eye anyway) but when you start looking at
things in thousandths of an inch it starts to matter. The error won't
affect the angle that you calibrate at (90 degrees) but will affect
your measurement of any other angles (like when you try to figure out
what angle a few thousandths of error equates to).

Your correct. Unless I get the plunger perfectly parallel with the table I
can not measure angle error.

Thanks. This is the reason why I NEED your TS aligner Jr!

If you need to measure angles, then having precise, machined geometry
and the ability to control tilt of the dial indicator would be pretty
handy (not to mention all the other machines and adjustments you might
need it for).

Ed Bennett

http://www.ts-aligner.com