Posted to rec.woodworking
foggytown foggytown is offline

Default Plywood Thickness for chair seat?

Toller wrote:
Does it matter whether I use 1/2 or 3/4?

1/2 would be lighter
3/4 would be a little stronger and take a staple better

I don't see that it much matters, but never having done this before I don't
want to do it and find out it did.
I've done that a few times already on this project...

1. Get two sawhorses and place them with the rails parallel to each
other and the distance between the rails the exact distance between the
chair legs.
2. Get a very fat neighbor over for "a few beers"
3. Lay a 1/4 sheet of 1/2" play across the sawhorse rails
4. Get fat neighbor to sit on sheet
5. If it bends, get 3/4" sheet and repeat and so on until sheet
doesn't bend or sawhorses collapse

FoggyTown