Posted to rec.woodworking
Patriarch Patriarch is offline

Default Do mortising attachments for drill presses work?

Pat Barber wrote in news:5136h.53890
:

Might I offer a "amen" on that...

bf wrote:

Before you buy anything, think about the projects that you will
actually use it on. My mortise machine and Tenon Table saw jig collect
a lot of dust.

I bought a Delta mortise machine a while back from Rockler. It was
backordered, and while waiting, I cut the mortises for the important
project another way. After the machine arrived, it sat for 4 months or so,
without being opened.

One of the guys in my woodworking club bought it for what I owned it for,
unopened. I've not missed it.

I did buy a LN mortise chisel, though. That gets used a lot.

Patriarch