Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction
[email protected] beerguzzler50@yahoo.com is offline

Default sloped metal roof for a woodshed

I am building a 10 X 10 woodshed and framing it as normal framing. The
roof is going to be a 3/21 sloped roof and I was thinking of using
metal roofing from HD in 12' lengths (metal sales roof mfg.). I won't
be putting down any plywood under it, and just using 2X4 for the
rafters. I know I can attach the metal roof to the 2X4 rafters, but
what about a drip edge. I will only have a 2X4 eve around the whole
roof and the manuf has this large eve/drip thing that looks just like a
very large drip edge. Think I will have any issues if I just use a
standard aluminum drip edge insteal all the way around? This is my
first metal roof and I think I only need 4 sheets of this stuff (36"
each wide) and will have 12" overhang on each side (roughly). I live
in Northeast.