Posted to alt.home.repair
Proctologically Violated©® Proctologically Violated©® is offline

Default Solar panels-practical???

Excellent point: How long DO solar electric panels last??
--
------

Absolutely Vote, but NOT for a Democrat or a Republican.
Ending Corruption in Congress is the *Single Best Way*
to Materially Improve Your Family's Life.
The Solution is so simple--and inexpensive!

all d'numbuhs

"Tom The Great" wrote in message
On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 14:52:44 -0800, "Bob F"
wrote:

"Tom The Great" wrote in message
. ..
On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 15:09:58 -0500,
(---MIKE---) wrote:

During the congressional debates there was a lot of talk about
alternative energy sources. They discussed wind power and roof mounted
solar panels. Where I live, the roof is covered with a foot (or more)
of snow during most of the winter. Solar panels would be useless.

Sounds like if you invested $10,000 in panels, you could use the $3
you save per month in electrity, to buy a roof rake.

Some friends of mine claim they basically pay nothing for
their electricity. This is in NW Washington State. I believe
they said they paid about $16,000 for their system. They
are careful about their usage it seemed.

Bob

I don't know the life expectancy of panels, but having a house with
only $100/month electric bill, it would take me 13 years for 100%
payback with a $0 monthly bill. So would I be robing Peter{electric
company} to pay Paul {solar panel installer}?

tom @
www.Consolidated-Loans.info