Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn Goedjn is offline

Default Solar panels-practical???

On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 15:09:58 -0500,
(---MIKE---) wrote:

During the congressional debates there was a lot of talk about
alternative energy sources. They discussed wind power and roof mounted
solar panels. Where I live, the roof is covered with a foot (or more)
of snow during most of the winter. Solar panels would be useless.

If you're that far north, you want the panels mounted steeper
than your roof probably is, anyway. Between that, the
fact that they're glass-smooth, and that they're generally
warmer than a roof would be, I doubt you'd have all THAT
much trouble with snow-built up. But if you don't like
that, whats wrong with a roof-mounted windmill?