Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,alt.architecture
Chris Lewis Chris Lewis is offline

Default Public Service Announcement Holmes on Homes

According to Don :
"Chris Lewis" wrote
If you were to go to a contractor and parrot Holmes in saying "I want
X built to medium code", any contractor with half a brain will know what's
meant, and discuss with you what options there are, which ones may be
worth it and why, and how much it'll affect cost.

Gotta ask, 'Do you have any experience at all with human interaction?"

Every day.

If a client said to me what you described above my bootprints would be all
over his ass and I'd be on the phone to the glass company to get my front
door fixed.

Uh, you talk about booting a client through a glass door, and ask _me_
about human interaction skills?

That's hilarious!

I should point out that Holmes is actually _quite clear_ on the show
that there is only one code, and it's _minimum_ acceptable standards -
"medium" code is just a conversational device.

Anybody going to a contractor and saying "medium code" obviously hasn't
been following nor understanding what was actually being said.
--
Chris Lewis,