Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Old Gernanium Transistor Repair

Michael Black wrote:

Jim Land ) writes:
wrote in news:1163387574.804150.266160
@h54g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

I have an old 8 gernamium transistor, protable AM radio that is noisy
on weak stations when cold....

Try over on alt.antiques.radio+phono... they'll enjoy hearing about your
germanium transistors.

I don't know. There has been debate in the past over there about what's
relevant to the newsgroup, and some have felt transistors aren't old
enough.

Michael

Some of them think that A****er Kent radios are too new for that
group. Ignore them, there are a number of transistor radio collectors
in that group. I have most of the "Sams Transistor Radio Manuals" in my
collection:
http://home.earthlink.net/~mike.terrell/HWSTm.html The Sams
index is available online.

prove it.