Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default repairing "egg-beater" style drill chuck

Mon, Nov 13, 2006, 6:25pm (EST+5) (Par) doth
sayeth:
Ahh, pretty much what I guessed then. No springs; the jaw pieces were in
a tin next to the drill in the flea market, got all of it for $3 or so
(SKR20) on the theory that it might be fixable. Small springs should be
obtainable...

Yep, that's probably it. If you can't find springs anywhere else,
I think ballpoint pen springs are about the right size, but you'd
probably have to shorten them a bit if so.

JOAT
What's the difference between a cattle grid and a lawyer?

People slow down before they run over a catte grid.