Nate Weber

Default Hydraulics questions (a bit long)

"surftom" wrote in message
om...
I'd also like some good links or recomended texts on Hydraulics as I'm
starting to 'play' with them. First project will be a press. I have a
powerpack (AC 5Hp) already but I don't want to 'screw it up'
I have found and understand the basic theories, but could anyone
suggest a good place to get a glossary or explanaition of terms like
spools, 2 3 4 way valves etc.

We used both Industrial Hydraulic Technology by Parker and
Industrial Hydraulics Manual by Vickers in a hydraulics class I
recently took. Both books cover basic hydraulics and include
color drawings indicating pressures in a variety of circuits.
The Vickers book has an additional chapter on basic electricity
and electronics.

Nate

--
http://www.NateTechnologies.net:8000