Posted to rec.woodworking
Bruce T Bruce T is offline

Default repairing "egg-beater" style drill chuck

I think there are supposed to be springs that keep the jaws spread apart
(against the inside of the chuck). There should be small recesses in the
sides of each jaw piece where the spring sits. You should have three small
springs if you have three jaw pieces.

BruceT

"Par" wrote in message
No, not a power drill, the old fashioned "egg-beater" type. My problem
is that the three whatchamcalits in the chuck that grasp the drill bit
shaft are loose. I can get them in place, I can even use the drill to
make holes. Only they are flopping around in there when not "in use"
(i.e. when the chuck is not tightened up).

Any hints as to what I need to do to fix it?

/Par

--
Par
Making mental lists of laws broken is an enjoyable pastime, but I