DE

Default Hydraulics questions (a bit long)

Don,
What you described is doable, there is a good
description of a basic hydraulic system below. You would
need a pump, tank, double spool valve, cylinders press relief,filter
and plumbing. Sounds a lot like a script for an upcoming Monster
Garage......:-) While I can't say I am familar what your specific
unit is.... but check this out

This has a very well designed hydraulic system, closed center I do
believe, compact and integrated, the pump is an axial
piston servo type, a spitting image to the big ones used in the heavy
ag stuff. I had one apart years ago IIRC it couples internally to a
motor for the drive. and has two fittings for the remote lines. You
can see the valve handles along the steering wheel.
If this would fit into your unit it might be a lot more cost efficient
not to mention simpler than buying just the pump. There seems to be a
fair supply of these around the series1 Kohler engines evidently had
a serious problems staying together. I know loader att. were used on
these units.
email for more info if needed
Good luck
Dan

On 28 Jan 2004 15:31:31 -0800, (don schad)
wrote:

Okay, a brief description:

It's going to be a self contained unit for a compact/garden tractor
(PowerKing). So I will be purchasing a dedicated pump and all the
associated plumbing for the project, since the current hydro pump is
of much lower flow (like 4-6GPM I think). The tractor has a 14HP
motor, so I should be able to run at least 10GPM at 1500PSI, possibly
slightly more. I believe that most loaders have 10-12GPM pumps.
Since it's a relatively small tractor the lifting limit is going to be
limited by the size of the tractor (i.e. it'll fall over forward)
rather then by the hydraulic system, but I would like it to be fairly
quick to go up/down. (Unless convienced otherwise) I was planning on
using an open-center system since that seems to be more popular and
common. Seems like it might be a bit simplier also.

I guess that's it...any advice is welcome.

Thanks,

don

DE wrote in message . ..
Don
If I can remember my basic hydraulic classes of
so long ago, there are two types of hyd. systems.
Open center and closed center types. The difference centers around
the type of pump used..The closed center type only flows then there is
some demand, and the open center flows constantly, broadly speaking.

To design a hyd attachment would start with the type of pump
you have, if any, and what type of system ie open or closed center.
Give us some more info--what type of tractor,power steering, brakes
etc. Are you retrofitting an older 9N type or is this something a
more modern/larger?

DE