Posted to uk.d-i-y
EricP EricP is offline

Default Silvering glass?

--On 13 Nov 2006 09:47:28 -0800, "Andy Dingley
" wrote:

EricP wrote:

A victorian beveled edge piece of glass needs resilvering.
It is 18x60 inches.

Even at that size and bevelled, price up a replacement -- it's probably
cheaper. I don't know anyone who would re-silver a 60" mirror and it's
bigger than I'd do myself, even though I've got all the chemistry to
hand and a supply of free silver[*].

This is the exact sort of hands-on stuff I wanted )

My usual plug is for Roman Glass in Bristol / Bath as good suppliers
for new glass of this type. They're well-priced and competent on things
like bevelling, drilling, odd-shaped cuts and drilling.

They are a couple of miles from me. I went past them this afternoon.
)

I wonder if they've got the new disks for my Wimshurst machine ready yet? 8-)

And a happy snap-crackle-pop to you. )

I think I will make you the definitive source and stop here.

Many thanks. )