Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robbo Robbo is offline

Default Removing a screw that has been butchered by the "professionals"

"John Kelly" wrote in message
Some builder fitted my front door and it's swollen slightly with all the
rain we've had. It doesn't stick on the frame but it does rub against a
screw head which is sticking slightly proud of the frame. This screw has
no slots in it for the screwdriver. Any ideas on how to get it out?

1 Drill off head of offending screw.
2 Remove other screws with screwdriver and move hinge aside.
3 Using mole grips on head of drilled screw remains unscrew.
4 Screw a new screw into the hole adding a little wood glue to the
existing hole before
5 Refit other screws
6 Pour a pint of Old Peculiar, drink and relax while stating to wife how
easy it all was, ;-)