Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Dingley Andy Dingley is offline

Default Silvering glass?

EricP wrote:

A victorian beveled edge piece of glass needs resilvering.
It is 18x60 inches.

Even at that size and bevelled, price up a replacement -- it's probably
cheaper. I don't know anyone who would re-silver a 60" mirror and it's
bigger than I'd do myself, even though I've got all the chemistry to
hand and a supply of free silver[*].

My usual plug is for Roman Glass in Bristol / Bath as good suppliers
for new glass of this type. They're well-priced and competent on things
like bevelling, drilling, odd-shaped cuts and drilling. I wonder if
they've got the new disks for my Wimshurst machine ready yet? 8-)

[*] For sufficently envy-based values of "free". Mary might guess where
from 8-)