Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

Default corner cracks in slab

"mook Johnson" wrote in message
This is on a new home in Houston with a slab foundation.

There are cracks on two different outside corners of the slab that go from
about 3" in at the top to a point at ground level. If it came off it would
be a triangular shaped piece.

The cracks are about 1/8" wide. What would be the best way to fix this?

We had the same problem with our house after seven years.
Called the builder. He said the problem was that they did not wrap the
corners of the house with plastic correctly. Apparently this was a common
practice back then.

Our builder sent a concrete man who told me the same thing. He fixed it by
chipping the loose concrete off - it only went about a quarter inch deep,
and then putting on new underpinning.

That was over a year ago, and it has not returned.

Hope this helps. Call your builder.