Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel Doctor Drivel is offline

Default On what temperature do you put your boiler on?

"Brian Sharrock" wrote in message

Christian McArdle wrote:
Generally, boilers are more efficient working to hotter temperatures

Eh?

Boilers are fundamentally more efficient at lower temperatures. This
isn't a design issue, but stems from the laws of thermodynamics. This is
in addition to the extra efficiency from condensing.

True in theory, but some boilers work better at higher outputs due to
other factors. I.e. non modulating boilers may suffer short cycle times
at lower output temps..and the ignition process can waste fuel.

Roll on nuclear power and all electric boilers..

Yeah .... . I remember 'Pathe News' showing that young women (HM Queen
Elizabeth) in a ceremony at Calder Hall(?) switching on a white glazed
electric stove while a six-foot(?) radius meter needle indicated that
nuclear powers was flowing to the Grid .... 'course the News-Announcer
assured us that this would probably the last meter we'd see .... because
it would be so cheap to generate electricity that they wouldn't bother to
meter it!

We would all have a standing charge to the size of your house, like water.

Cheap as chips they would be...to make anyway.

words fail me ... see sketch !

It wish words would fail him, as he is in cloud cuckoo land.