Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Styles Chris Styles is offline

Default Does this exist?

Sorry for replying to my own thread...

A colleague suggested :

And this seems to be a good source of associated things...

http://www.trendmachinery.co.uk/jigmaking/

Cheers,

Chris

"Chris Styles" wrote in message
Hi,

I want to be able to bolt things down to my workbench easily using bolts
with plastic moulded "wheel" handles. I don't have access to the underside
of the bench because of the way it is made, so I'm not able to use pronged
tee's :

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/sea/...hText=12749-80

So, what I want is a small 22m^2 plate that I can recess into the bench
and screw down from the top, where the plate has a threaded hole in the
middle, maybe even a back nut or threaded sleeve behind it.

Does anything like this exist? If so what are they called and where would
I get some?

It's not an insurmountable problem, but if there is a "thing" that already
exists, so much the better...

Cheers
Chris