Posted to alt.security.doityourself,uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default how to remove one-way screws?

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 10:46:07 UTC, "Matty F"
wrote:

Sorry, don't see how that would help. Please explain!

The impact driver? Assuming the one-way screws are like the ones that I
have, it's just a matter of turning the screw in an anticlockwise
direction while holding a screwdriver firmly against it so that it
doesn't ride up on the sloping part of the slot in the screw. If you
can't figure out a way of clamping a screwdriver against the screw, the
impact driver should work.
You hit the end of the impact driver with a hammer and that is changed
(via a system of springs and prawls) into a twisting motion at the
screw. The hammer blow keeps the impact driver bit against the screw.

Oh, I know how impact drivers work; I've had one for 40 years. I just
don't see how that actually works in practice, but I'll try it sometime.