Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207 BobK207 is offline

Default scrape and paint or reside

Bob F wrote:
"BobK207" wrote in message
oups.com...

Bob F wrote:
"BobK207" wrote in message
oups.com...

jimbob wrote:
In all old houses, somewhere there is a layer of lead paint. I have
heard about the infrared systems, but I'm not sure if they really

work.
When I uses the heat gun, I heat the paint just enough for it to
bubble. I don't know if this releases lead or if you really need to
get it burning.

The infrared systems work but they're not cheap...esp with all the
producitivity accessories

http://www.silentpaintremover.com/

http://www.eco-strip.com/?refH=goog&t=prm

according their info

"Does not cause lead to be released in the form of plumbic gases from
the paint when operated properly"

I'm not sure how this would be any different than the one
I use, which is considerably cheaper.

Bob

I agree they appear functionally identical......hopefully the higher
priced one has better longevity or warranty.

Like a Master heat gun vs a Harbor Freight unit

but if the paint remover is for occasional use (or one job) the
cheaper one is probably a better value.

cheers
Bob

btw I did run out & buy one of these things

You bought the expensive one? Please let us know how it works.

Bob

Ooops! I missed typed....I meant to say

btw I didn't run out & buy one of these things

too spendy to me

cheers
Bob