Posted to alt.home.repair
mwlogs mwlogs is offline

Default connecting electrical cords in a home

It's already mentioned that it's a poor and probably unsafe idea to string
extension cords together. But if you feel it is safe for whatever your
application is, why not just put an outlet on the end of one and a plug on
the end of the other? Of course I'm taking your subject as worded - you
are talking "in a home" and not "outside a home". All bets are off if you
are speaking of such a junction in an exterior application. I'm also not
sure what kind of "lights" you are referring to in your last sentence.

"tr" wrote in message
ups.com...
Is there a safe and accepted (NEC) way to splice/connect two regular
electric cords/wire where the connection is not inside a box ? I have
a need to make a number of splices with regular extnsion cord type wire
(reasonably heavy duty) and it would be much easier if there is some
type of clip on type slicer. The lights came with clip on type
plugs....is there a similar splicing clip for connecting the wires

Thanks, TR