Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] tammywerner@sbcglobal.net is offline

Default Rainsoft water softener. Not using any salt?

Hello I hope someone can help me.
We moved into our home about a year ago and it has a Rainsoft water
softener that was not hooked up. (The owners said they didn't like the
way it tasted and they unhooked it) My husband hooked it back up about
a month ago and we put two bags of salt in it. From what I can tell it
has not used any or very little salt. It does run through its cycles
and water goes out the drain. But should I see water in the salt and
how much? I can not tell that there is any water going into the salt at
all? Thanks for looking and hope someone can shed some light on this
it is making me crazy. (I have never had a water softener and don't
know what I am looking for it to do.) LOL Thanks again!