Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Chuck B. Chuck B. is offline

Default Kitchen faucets: how do different brands rank?

John Weiss wrote:
"Ajanta" wrote...

The HD guy said Delta was the worst, Moen next up, and AS and Kohler
the best of the lot. He seemed to imply that AS would offer the best
value (he demonstrated how one of their models was heavier than other
brands), and that Moen's problem is that they don't use "ceramic disc
valves".

I just bought a Kohler for our newly remodeled kitchen. Frankly, it was
only because they had a "high rise" model that looked good, and none of the
others I saw had anything similar for a reasonable price. You can get them
for $100, but of course OUR sink required the $180 version (widely spaced
holes; required 4 separate units).

"Ceramic disk valves" may be good, but they are not the only point of
failure. I had a Price-Pfister faucet on the old sink; it had the combo
faucet/sprayer on an extendible hose. I had had to change the
faucet/sprayer assembly twice in 9 or 10 years because it would leak or
stick. Each time, it was over half the price of an entire new unit!

My new Kohler has a separate sprayer...

Price-Pfister will send you new parts for free. I just got a new
cartridge for my kitchen faucet. Cost me $5.00 for shipping. They sent
me the wrong one cause the design had changed. My faucet was 10 years
old. I called and they sent the correct one. NO charge at all. Said I
had already paid the one time shipping charge. They even overnighted the
part. Good folks.