don schad

Default Hydraulics questions (a bit long)

(surftom) wrote in message . com...
I'd also like some good links or recomended texts on Hydraulics as I'm
starting to 'play' with them. First project will be a press. I have a
powerpack (AC 5Hp) already but I don't want to 'screw it up'
I have found and understand the basic theories, but could anyone
suggest a good place to get a glossary or explanaition of terms like
spools, 2 3 4 way valves etc.

I understand the Army (US) had a publication, but since most of those
sites were secured last year you cannot download the docs anymore.

The Army hydraulics manual is at:

http://www.adtdl.army.mil/cgi-bin/at.../5-499/toc.htm

and there are some other interesting links at www.metalworking.com
under the links to learning section.

The Army manual and supplier catalogs, and deja are the things which I
have found the most useful in figuring out stuff. I don't think it's
all that hard, you just have to understand the lingo (I think )

don