Carl Byrns

Default Oil Filter Study

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 19:07:07 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

On 26 Jan 2004 09:11:06 +0700, Lee Knoper
wrote:

We often take for granted that various consumer commodities are indeed
worthy of their intended application (and our purchase). One such
item of possible interest to conferees here is the lowly engine oil
filter.

I've always operated under the theory that you can't go wrong with
OEM- the manufacturer isn't going to risk a $4,000 warranty engine
replacement by using a cheap oil filter.
I used to do a lot of rebuild and short block replacements on vehicles
where the engine died young. Never not once did a damaged engine have
an OEM filter- always a cheapass aftermarket one.

-Carl