Posted to alt.home.repair
Terry Terry is offline

Default connecting electrical cords in a home

On 12 Nov 2006 09:51:58 -0800, "tr" wrote:

Is there a safe and accepted (NEC) way to splice/connect two regular
electric cords/wire where the connection is not inside a box ? I have
a need to make a number of splices with regular extnsion cord type wire
(reasonably heavy duty) and it would be much easier if there is some
type of clip on type slicer. The lights came with clip on type
plugs....is there a similar splicing clip for connecting the wires

Thanks, TR

I have used a butt splice kit to splice a feed to a well. The kit has
a heat shrink that fits over the butt splices (you need a 20$ tool for
this or a friend that has one) You can use a blow dryer or propane
torch to shrink them. This was then buried in the ground.

I don't know if these are permitted on an exposed connection. The
instructions on the kit should say.