Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub HeyBub is offline

Default Bulb coloring

"DIMwit" wrote in message
for at least 15 to 20 years, or so, I have been buying R30 75 watt
reflector floods at the electrical supply house that had "painted" ones.
they are painted a pink color that looks great in the den, which has used
brick walls and other items that look nicer with colored lighting. I want
to replace these with compact fluorescent reflector floods that are
colored the same. I have been unable to find them so far using Google, nor
finding a paint or lacquer to color plain bulbs.

The incandescent 75 watt bulbs I have been buying appear to have been
painted after the manufacture of them, and with a paint that peels from
the heat somewhat after a while.

The compact fluorescent bulbs only get warm, so whatever I paint them with
does not have to be very heat resistant.

Anybody know what kind of paint or lacquer I can use that will allow
enough light through it to be practical in coloring these bulbs?

Contact the painter of the originals?

Or try a gel (colored plastic film) to cover the fixture?