Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default bending 1/2 inch wide stock to a 3/8 inch radius

In article , mm wrote:
bending 1/2 inch wide stock to a 3/8 inch radius

I need to make a bracket for rear turn signals for my new-to-me '69
Honda cb450. I'm going to use a steel rod? [I don't know what you
call it. The Home Depot cash register calls it "flats"] 1/2"W by
1/8"T x about 18"L, and I need to bend it twice, 90 degrees at each
location, to make a rather square C shape, but the corners have to
have a 3/8" radius (to look good where it wraps around the luggage
rack. Can't figure out how to do this, and don't want to try too many
times. I look to you sages.

Have you tried asking in rec.crafts.metalworking ?

--
Regards,