Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Christmas lights and fuses

On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 21:56:31 -0500, krw wrote:

In article ,
says...
On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 20:48:03 -0600, Jim Redelfs
wrote:

In article ,
Mark Lloyd wrote:

You might throw the cord out, but don't forget that this is a source
of extra bulbs you'll probably need some time.

An excellent suggestion.

FWIW, since many, MANY years ago, as a source for replacement lamps, it has
been MUCH cheaper to buy a new set, remove the lamps and throw away the wire
and sockets, than to buy packs of replacement lamps.

Yes. I've stopped buying replacement bulbs separately.

Wanna buy a thousand, or so bulbs?

I've got about that many, before I decided it didn't make sense to
save all those.