Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] jfeng@my-deja.com is offline

Default Samsung TXB-1930 TV not starting reiliably

lsmartino wrote:
ha escrito:
I replaced Q902 with an MJE2361 on a heat sink (it was the only NPN HV
power transistor my local electronics store had in stock) and also C970
and C974, as you recommended. That seems to have fixed it! Thank you.

I´m glad to see that you solved the problem. I own a very similar TV
set with the same chassis as yours, and it gave me a lot of grief
before I understood how the standby circuit worked.

Since this was an intermittent problem, I wanted to post a follow-up.
Since replacing Q902, the set has worked 100% reliably for the past
three weeks.

BTW, despite some other comments, I did see the relay in the power
supply circuit that was producing the clicking sound.