Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default drip leak from turn of valve for main water pipe

We have a nitrogen freezing system. Works well up to 2" pipe.
Things get a bit more iffy on larger pipe. We seldom use the
system because of cost and time. We only use it when a situation
demands it.
___________________________
Keep the whole world singing. . . .
DanG

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...
The valve that shuts off the water that leads to my house is
dripping
pretty steadily. My brother in law told me that I could fix the
valve
by packing the pipe with dry ice until it freezes then replace
the
valve. This seems a little dangerous to me since any mistake
will
result in disaster. Has anyone else attempted this kind of
repair and
am I just better off going with a plumber?