Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Repair Concrete Step

Buck Turgidson wrote:
Adding to the advice above I would install two or more anchor pins to help
reinforce the patch. Depending on the size of the patch these pins would
vary in size from large tapcon screws to 3/8" rebar.

No matter what you do it is not going to last forever.

Are you suggesting that I drill some tapcons in first, and then pour
concrete around them, thereby embedding the tapcons?

Thanks for the tip.

yeah the tapcons help, wait about a month then seal the entire steps
with a liberal covering of thompsons water seal.

if a collapse of this step would be very dangerous, like the top step
of 10 making it a long fall or you are planning on selling the home
your probably better off replacing the steps.

buyers, home inspectors and lawyers if someone falls will make your
life miserable.

given all that i have fixed some successfully for over 10 years.

the trouble is the base material concrete you attach patch to weakens
so futher failuire is guaranteed