Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] darrendragos@aol.com is offline

Default Kitchen faucets: how do different brands rank?

I doubt the HD "guy" was pushing for higher margians. More likely was
pushing for anything to show off his supposed knowledge to impress a
customer. Don't know how HD works in your part of the planet, but here
they've gone from hiring ex-tradesmen to hiring ex-
cons, or their equivelent. IN addition, the coporation has fprced
managers to slash hours and budgets to such a degree, no one is working
full time anymore. Methinks they're the next WalMart.

I'd seriously look into Grohe. Put it in once. Anything available at HD
or Lowes has to meet their price point. So even if it's a top of the
line model, you're buying a cheaper version the manufacturer had to
produce just for the box store shelves.

Same holds true for toilets and tubs which are shortchanged on the
glazing and quality control department, and power tools which will have
plastic, instead of metal gears and cogs.

On Nov 12, 8:13*am, Seth Goodman wrote:
In article , on Sun, 12 Nov 2006

10:04:27 GMT, Ajanta wrote:
The HD guy said Delta was the worst, Moen next up, and AS and Kohler
the best of the lot. He seemed to imply that AS would offer the best
value (he demonstrated how one of their models was heavier than other
brands), and that Moen's problem is that they don't use "ceramic disc
valves".In this newsgroup, I'd say people have historically rated Moen #1 and

Delta #2. *Personally, I have used Delta for many years, and have had
very few problems with them. *Parts are very easy to get, but rarely
required. Newer Delta and Moen faucets have lifetime warranties.
Furthermore, a quick check of the Moen web site shows that numerous
models *do* have ceramic disk valves.

I'd guess the salesman was pushing you towards the brands with the
highest margins.

--
Seth Goodman