Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Ajanta Ajanta is offline

Default Kitchen faucets: how do different brands rank?

As I mention in another thread, we are looking for a kitchen faucet. We
have short-listed Moen (which is what we have), Delta (a neighbor has
it), American Standard and Kohler (Both recommended by a Home Depot
worker).

I am wondering what you think of the relative quality of these brands
in the $100-150 range (for chrome models)?

The HD guy said Delta was the worst, Moen next up, and AS and Kohler
the best of the lot. He seemed to imply that AS would offer the best
value (he demonstrated how one of their models was heavier than other
brands), and that Moen's problem is that they don't use "ceramic disc
valves".

A wild card here is a Danze model in steel finish that lists for $181
and some place is clearing them out for $40. But, to be honest, that's
my only reason for considering it.

I would appreciate all comments based on your experience.