Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Do mortising attachments for drill presses work?

I would have to agree with Barry, I have a Delta mortiser and it has yet to
be used. I am thinking ebay with it soon. I see using my router for any
mortise to be made in my future. You use one with a plunge base. Support the
router base with a 2x4 on each side of the end grain you are wanting to
mortise and plunge away.

"Toller" wrote in message
I just got a LN 12" Delta at an auction for $80.

Ebay has a mortising attachment locally. Do they work, or are they just
aggravation?
I have never actually made a motise, so it is hard to say how many I will

be
doing.