Posted to rec.woodworking
Phisherman Phisherman is offline

Default Do mortising attachments for drill presses work?

On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 20:29:13 GMT, "Toller" wrote:

I just got a LN 12" Delta at an auction for $80.

Ebay has a mortising attachment locally. Do they work, or are they just
aggravation?
I have never actually made a motise, so it is hard to say how many I will be
doing.

Mortise and tenon is one of the strongest joints in woodworking.
Mortising attachments work well, but they take time to set them up
properly and when set up you can't use the drill press for anything
else. Buy quality mortising bits (yes, they are not cheap).