Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vortex Vortex is offline

Default Radiator Benders

"51" wrote in message
Hi all.
I have a wide bay window that I want to fit
radiator(s) to.
The room size (12' x 14' x 10'height) requires 7560 btu but thats not
factoring in the gas fire.
The window sill is 54cm above the floor.
The bay (not rounded) measurements are about 70cm x 115cm x 70cm (full
width 2.25m)

The Myson web site infers that its possible.
There is a web site http://www.radiatorfactory.co.uk/ are
telling us it can be done for a handsome price.

Any of you got experience of this?

thanks,

Arthur

I don't know where you are geographically, but about 15 years ago I
purchased two such radiators from http://www.ashfordheating.com (in
Stanwell, near Heathrow)

I dropped in a template of the bays (lining paper and sellotape), and a few
days later picked up the rads.

Basically they were standard "Warmastyle" round top rads which had been cut
(top and bottom - on the outward face), bent, welded and repainted.

I don't recall it being expensive, and it was a competent job.

David