Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

Default OT Fahrenheit

In article ,
writes:
On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 20:40:53 -0500, T
wrote:

For some reason, it was elected to keep the operations center (computer
room) at my office at 65F. It is very cool in there.

I am not sure why people think computer rooms should be that cold. The
official IBM spec for a data center was 75F at 50%RH.

In most places I've been, the rooms run at 21C (70F).
The RH is then adjusted to stop the room feeling too cold to
humans in cases where they have to work in there for long
periods. (A dry 21C with significant wind chill feels very
much colder than 21C.)

--
Andrew Gabriel